We make almond milk at least once a week. It is beyond easy, especially if you are lucky enough to own a powerful blender like a Vitamix, and tastes so fresh. Nothing like the shelf stable but rather stale tasting boxed versions. You will never go back.
There are recipes all over the internet so I hardly need to provide another one but this is how we do it at home.
- Soak 1 cup of raw almonds in a bowl with plenty of water overnight (or at least 6 hours)
- Drain and rinse almonds
- Add almonds to blender with 3 cups of water and a pinch of sea salt
- We like ours slightly sweetened and add three pitted dates (add more or less to taste)
- Blend on high 30 seconds to a minute.
- Strain through a nut milk bag and store in the fridge for up to 4 days
We go through a lot of almond milk so I often double the amounts except I'll use 1 1/2 cups of almonds rather than 2 cups and I'll store it in a large Ball jar like this.